In his article, “The Holy Season of Advent: New Year’s Resolutions for Discipleship,” Archbishop Listecki tells us that Advent is “the fullness of time, the time when God acts, a time of call and decision. Advent is God’s time!” Archbishop Listecki further explains that the Advent season is a perfect opportunity to make four specific new year’s resolutions for discipleship:
- Prepare to meet Jesus today
- Make way for Jesus through repentance
- Worship Jesus as the one Savior and Lord
- Practice the obedience of Mary and Joseph
The article is the cover story for the November 2016 Synod Implementation Newsletter, which was an insert to our Nov. 27 parish bulletin. The newsletter also included the following topics:
- “Archdiocese of Milwaukee – Church on the Move” explores new and creative ways of “doing Church” through the initiatives coming from the Synod.
- In “Parishioners to Deaf Community: You Belong Here!” the faith community of St. Andrew Parish, Delavan highlights their ministry to deaf Catholics.
For details, see the newsletter.