Join us May 4, 2019 to commemorate and celebrate the day the first Bishop of Milwaukee, Bishop John Martin Henni, arrive in Milwaukee in 1844. The celebration will start at Pere Marquette Park, then process to the cathedral for an 11:00 a.m. Mass. We will continue our celebration in Cathedral Square, as we join together in a fun-filled family day of music, food and games.
Pere Marquette Park – 900 N. Plankinton Ave, Milwaukee
- 10:00 a.m. – Archbishop Listecki will arrive at Pere Marquette Park by boat (weather permitting)
- 10:00 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. – Archbishop Listecki and Dr. Michael R. Lovell Presentation
- 10:20 a.m. – Begin procession to Cathedral
Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist – 812 N. Jackson St., Milwaukee
11:00 a.m. – Mass
Cathedral Square – Jackson St., between Kilbourn St. and Wells St.
- 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. – food trucks and Sprecher Brewing truck on Jackson St.
- 11:45 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. – Live music including the Squeezettes in Cathedral Square, yard games, historical information
- 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. – Cathedral tours
- 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. – 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament on Jackson St.
- For the full itinerary, see the Archdiocese of Milwaukee’s 175 Alive page.
- Interested in attending with a group?The parish is exploring the possibility of chartering a bus to attend the festivities. (See News article).