About the Family Program (Christian Formation Classes)
The Family Program is a vibrant alternative to the traditional program. Its goal is to offer formation for the entire family. Sessions include a family dinner, age-specific formation (including adult formation), family activities and communal prayer. Childcare is provided for younger children.
Here are the program specifics:
- Open to families with children K4 through 8.
- Takes place on specified Monday evenings in October-March. (See Christian Formation Calendar)
- Children and youth follow the same curriculum as those in the traditional program within their own grade level.
- The program requires an additional non-refundable fee of $70 per family to help defray the cost of meals.
The time frame is as follows:
- 5:30-6:00 p.m. Supper in the SFB-North Church Hall
- 6:00-6:30 p.m. Family activity
- 6:30-7:30 p.m. Peer sessions. Children go into classrooms with their peers and adults have their own catechetical session in the church hall.
Childcare is available from 6:00-7:30 p.m. for children ages 3 and under.
Some comments from participants include:
- “I was glad to do this as a family so our kids know that religious formation is a lifelong ongoing process that can be fun.”
- “It has been much less stressful on the family to have us all here at the same time rather than running on different days.”
- “The meals were really great.”
If you are interested in enrolling in our Christian Formation program, and you are a parish member, please see the Registration Information on the Parent Materials page , and return the registration form to the parish office.
If you are not yet a member of our parish community, then please register with the parish.
For questions about the Family Program, contact the Director of Adult and Family Ministry at 377-1070, ext. 250, or send an e-mail.