Many people think of Christian Formation as a religious education program for children and youth. But it’s more than that. Christian Formation is a lifelong process aimed at personal conversion and growth in faith. So we have adult programs too. The sidebar shows the many aspects of Christian Formation here at St. Francis Borgia parish.
Why Christian Formation Is Important for Your Children
Children are very spiritual people and have a real desire to know about God and the things of God. As baptized Catholics it is important for our young people to learn what it means to live the life of a Christian in the context of our Catholic tradition. By coming together with their peers to learn about their faith, they are also experiencing community which is such a large part of our Catholic tradition. This can be done through the parish Christian Formation program, or through enrollment in Catholic school.
Programs (Preview for 2018-19)
- New! La Petite Program for families with toddlers and children up to grade 1. (More information to be provided.)
- K3-K5: 10 a.m. Sunday mornings, first 3 Sundays of the month. Children must be 3 years old by 9/1/18 and potty trained.
- Grades 1-5: Wednesday evenings from 6:00 -7:15 p.m.
- Grades 6-8: Edge Program, 2nd and 4th Wednesdays from 6:00 -7:30 p.m.
- Grades 9-10: Life Teen Program, 1st and 3rd Wednesdays, from 7:15-8:45 p.m.
- Grade 11: Confirmation preparation, Sunday afternoons/evenings in small groups
- Parent/Family: in conjunction with above programming
For questions about registration, sacramental preparation, financial assistance or any aspect of Christian Formation relating to children or youth:
- For grades 3K through 5: contact the Director of Child Ministry, at 262-377-1070, ext. 226, or send an e-mail.
- For grades 6-11: contact the Director of Youth Ministry, at 262-377-1070, ext. 228 or send an email.
For other questions, please contact the SFB parish office.