The youth ministry program offers several retreat experiences for members of St. Francis Borgia. Parents, young adults and high school seniors are particularly invited to participate as small group leaders or chaperones. The following retreats follow an age-appropriate format. High school students MUST attend a retreat in either 9th or 10th grade as well as the overnight Confirmation retreat. Middle school retreats are optional but highly encouraged!
This retreat is led by the dynamic, faith-filled SPIRITUS team of young adults who travel about the state to inspire and energize young Catholics to renew their life in the Church. Using praise music, challenge activities, witnesses and small and large group discussions, this retreat helps young people to find the meaning in what they know about the Catholic faith in relation to where they currently are on their faith journey. It also helps them to open themselves up more to Jesus in prayer so that they may live out their faith in their day-to-day lives. Anyone in high school is invited to attend; in particular, 9th and 10th graders will complete their retreat component by attending. Read about the Spiritus group at www.spiritusonline.org.
- Who: High School students
- When: Feb.4, 2018, 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Where: St. Francis Borgia – North Church
- Cost: $35
- How to register: Complete and submit the registration form.
St. John Bosco Youth Day at Holy Hill
Join us for an awesome day of faith and fellowship with youth from all across the Archdiocese of Milwaukee..This day will include talks from many amazing people, music and Mass.
- Who: High school students
- When: This is normally held in fall
- Where: Holy Hill (Basilica of the National Shrine of Mary, Help of Christians)
Wisconsin Catholic Youth Rally
Another exciting retreat option is the Wisconsin Catholic Youth Rally. This event hosts about 1,000 teens from across the state for a day of “engaging fun, dynamic presentations, uplifting music” with a youth liturgy and Eucharistic procession. Overwhelmingly, teens are grateful that they took the time to get away with a group of their peers for reflection on faith and life on the beautiful campus of Carroll University in Waukesha.
- High School Students: Saturday, March 17, 2018
- Middle School Students: Sunday, March 18, 2018
11th Grade Confirmation Retreat
The Confirmation retreat is a one-night experience that is essential to the preparation process. Those who have registered for Confirmation Preparation will receive details about this retreat during their sessions.
- Who: All high school Confirmation candidates are required to participate in this retreat.
- When: Saturday-Sunday, November 11-12 or December 2-3, 2017.
- Where: Daniel M. Soref Retreat Center in Fredonia and Camp Minikani in Hubertus.