The youth ministry program offers several retreat experiences for members of St. Francis Borgia. Parents, young adults and high school seniors are particularly invited to participate as small group leaders or chaperones. The following retreats follow an age-appropriate format.
High school students MUST attend one retreat in both 9th and 10th grade as well as the overnight Confirmation retreat. Middle school retreats are optional but highly encouraged!
Summer Prayer Hiking Retreat (Summer 2020)
Join us in a beautiful setting as we explore various ways to pray. See God in nature as we hike through magnificent areas of Wisconsin. Grow in faith through conversation with your friends. Come to know God’s peaceful love as we explore all that He has blessed us with. This will count towards your 9th or 10th grade retreat requirement.
St. John Bosco Youth Day at Holy Hill (2020)
Join us for an awesome day of faith and fellowship with youth from all across the Archdiocese of Milwaukee.This day includes talks from many amazing people, music and Mass.
- Who: High school students
- Date: 2020 date TBD – usually held in fall
- Where: Holy Hill (Basilica of the National Shrine of Mary, Help of Christians)
- Registration: Contact the Youth Minister (see “Additional Information” below.)
This retreat is led by the dynamic, faith-filled SPIRITUS team of young adults who travel about the state to inspire and energize young Catholics to renew their life in the Church. Using praise music, challenge activities, witnesses and small and large group discussions, this retreat helps young people to find the meaning in what they know about the Catholic faith in relation to where they currently are on their faith journey. It also helps them to open themselves up more to Jesus in prayer so that they may live out their faith in their day-to-day lives. Separate programs are offered for middle school and high school students. Read about the Spiritus group at www.spiritusonline.org.
Wisconsin Catholic Youth Rally (postponed)
The Wisconsin Catholic Youth Rally is a powerful and prayerful day long worship experience for Catholic middle school and high school students from all over Wisconsin and the Midwest. The rally features Catholic speakers, praise & worship music, Mass, adoration, and a lot of fun as we strive to help teens deepen their relationship with God and His Church.
- Who: Middle school and high school students
- When: March 14, 2020, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Where: Carroll University, Waukesha (transportation by bus if enough participants)
11th Grade Confirmation Retreat
The Confirmation retreat is a one-night experience that is essential to the preparation process. Those who have registered for Confirmation Preparation will receive details about this retreat during their sessions.
- For questions about the Retreat Program, contact the Youth Minister at 377-1070, ext. 351 or send an email.
- For questions about service requirements for Confirmation (Grades 6-11), and opportunities for service and faith enrichment, see the Service and Faith Enrichment page.
- For more information about Youth Ministry at St. Francis Borgia, see the Youth Ministry page.