The youth ministry program offers several retreat experiences for members of St. Francis Borgia. Parents, young adults and high school seniors are particularly invited to participate as small group leaders or chaperones. The following retreats follow an age-appropriate format.
High school students MUST attend one retreat in both 9th and 10th grade as well as the overnight Confirmation retreat. Middle school retreats are optional but highly encouraged!
Summer Prayer Hiking Retreat (July 30, 2019)
Join us in a beautiful setting as we explore various ways to pray. See God in nature as we hike through magnificent areas of Wisconsin. Grow in faith through conversation with your friends. Come to know God’s peaceful love as we explore all that He has blessed us with. This will count towards your 9th or 10th grade retreat requirement.
Who: All incoming and current high school youth
When: Tuesday, July 30, 2019, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Where: Meet in the parking lot of the North Church.
What: We will hike the Oak Leaf Trail starting at the Seminary in St. Francis and ending at Grant Park Beach in South Milwaukee
Registration: Use this online form to register.
Permission Slip: View and print the permission slip
Retreat Fee: $35 – Can be paid online. Use this link to access the secure online payment form.
St. John Bosco Youth Day at Holy Hill (2019)
Join us for an awesome day of faith and fellowship with youth from all across the Archdiocese of Milwaukee.This day includes talks from many amazing people, music and Mass.
- Who: High school students
- Date: TBD 2019 (normally held in fall)
- Where: Holy Hill (Basilica of the National Shrine of Mary, Help of Christians)
This retreat is led by the dynamic, faith-filled SPIRITUS team of young adults who travel about the state to inspire and energize young Catholics to renew their life in the Church. Using praise music, challenge activities, witnesses and small and large group discussions, this retreat helps young people to find the meaning in what they know about the Catholic faith in relation to where they currently are on their faith journey. It also helps them to open themselves up more to Jesus in prayer so that they may live out their faith in their day-to-day lives. Anyone in high school is invited to attend; in particular, 9th and 10th graders will complete their retreat component by attending. Read about the Spiritus group at www.spiritusonline.org.
For High School Students (Oct. 19, 2019)
- When: Saturday, Oct. 19, 9:a.m.-5:30 p.m. (includes 4:30 p.m. Mass)
- Who: High school students
- More details: Will be available later in summer 2019
Wisconsin Catholic Youth Rally (March 17, 2019)
The Wisconsin Catholic Youth Rally is a powerful and prayerful day long worship experience for Catholic high school students from all over Wisconsin and the Midwest. The rally features Catholic speakers, praise & worship music, Mass, adoration, and a lot of fun as we strive to help teens deepen their relationship with God and His Church.
- Who: High school students (attending as individuals with their family)
- Registration: To register, go to: www.wicatholicyr.org. Registration opens January 1, 2019.
- Cost: $35 by 2/1/19; $40 after 2/1/19
30 Hour Fast (April 6, 2019)
High Schoolers – Join us as we journey through Lent, bring a light to social justice and hunger in our community and world and have a little fun! This will be an eye-opening experience that will allow us to see poverty in a new light, sacrifice as Jesus himself did for us, and find some time for personal reflection on Lent and what Christ’s Resurrection means to us.
For questions, please contact the Youth Minister.
11th Grade Confirmation Retreat
The Confirmation retreat is a one-night experience that is essential to the preparation process. Those who have registered for Confirmation Preparation will receive details about this retreat during their sessions.
- For questions about the Retreat Program, contact the Youth Minister at 377-1070, ext. 351 or send an email.
- For questions about service requirements for Confirmation (Grades 6-11), and opportunities for service and faith enrichment, see the Service and Faith Enrichment page.
- For more information about Youth Ministry at St. Francis Borgia, see the Youth Ministry page.