The youth ministry program offers several retreat experiences for members of St. Francis Borgia. Parents, young adults and high school seniors are particularly invited to participate as small group leaders or chaperones. The following retreats follow an age-appropriate format.
High school students MUST attend one retreat in both 9th and 10th grade as well as the overnight Confirmation retreat. Middle school retreats are optional but highly encouraged!
St. John Bosco Youth Day at Holy Hill (Oct. 6, 2018)
Join us for an awesome day of faith and fellowship with youth from all across the Archdiocese of Milwaukee..This day will include talks from many amazing people, music and Mass. Note: we will go to this event only if we have a minimum of 15 students signed up.
- Who: High school students
- Date: Saturday, October 6, 2018
- Time: 7:30 a.m. – 6:45 p.m.
- Where: Holy Hill (Basilica of the National Shrine of Mary, Help of Christians)
- Cost: $35
- Registration: Click here for the online sign-up form.
- Permission slip: Click here for the permission slip.
- Deadline: Fee and permission slip are due Friday, September 28.
This retreat is led by the dynamic, faith-filled SPIRITUS team of young adults who travel about the state to inspire and energize young Catholics to renew their life in the Church. Using praise music, challenge activities, witnesses and small and large group discussions, this retreat helps young people to find the meaning in what they know about the Catholic faith in relation to where they currently are on their faith journey. It also helps them to open themselves up more to Jesus in prayer so that they may live out their faith in their day-to-day lives. Anyone in high school is invited to attend; in particular, 9th and 10th graders will complete their retreat component by attending. Read about the Spiritus group at www.spiritusonline.org.
- Who: High School students
- When: TBD
- Where: St. Francis Borgia – North Church
Wisconsin Catholic Youth Rally
Another exciting retreat option is the Wisconsin Catholic Youth Rally. This event hosts about 1,000 teens from across the state for a day of “engaging fun, dynamic presentations, uplifting music” with a youth liturgy and Eucharistic procession. Overwhelmingly, teens are grateful that they took the time to get away with a group of their peers for reflection on faith and life on the beautiful campus of Carroll University in Waukesha.
- High School Students: Date TBD
- Middle School Students: Date TBD
30 Hour Fast (April 6, 2019)
High Schoolers – Join us as we journey through Lent, bring a light to social justice and hunger in our community and world and have a little fun! This will be an eye-opening experience that will allow us to see poverty in a new light, sacrifice as Jesus himself did for us, and find some time for personal reflection on Lent and what Christ’s Resurrection means to us.
For questions, please contact the Associate Director of Youth Ministry.
11th Grade Confirmation Retreat
The Confirmation retreat is a one-night experience that is essential to the preparation process. Those who have registered for Confirmation Preparation will receive details about this retreat during their sessions.
- For questions about the Retreat Program, contact the Director of Youth Ministry at 377-1070, ext. 228 or send an email.
- For questions about service requirements for Confirmation (Grades 6-11), and opportunities for service and faith enrichment, see the Service and Faith Enrichment page.
- For more information about Youth Ministry at St. Francis Borgia, see the Youth Ministry page.