Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, communicate, and execute all support needed for Youth Ministry programs including registration, program rosters, attendance records, sacramental forms, permission slips, driver’s license validation, calendaring, supply orders and event shopping/set-up.
- Examples of weekly tasks could include:
- Ordering supplies, organizing and setting up for formation, service, or other events.
- Writing and sending communication to families and parish regarding upcoming programming and events.
- Managing/executing financial processes for purchase orders, payments, ordering, and check requests.
- Assuring that all documentation and policy requirements are in order for formation, service, events, and other Youth Ministry programs.
- Recording formation attendance and program participation; noticing trends in attendance and following up with families who may be in need of support from our team/parish.
- Checking that calendars and communications to fellow office and school team members are in order and looking ahead for upcoming programs for which we need to prepare.
- Other duties include participating in parish goals and objectives, maintaining orderly records and files, special projects, and attending the parish staff meeting.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Minimum of one year of experience in an office setting with knowledge of both the Google applications and Microsoft Office tools is preferred.
- Customer service experience and/or experience working with families or youth is required.
- Understanding of or desire to learn about the Catholic Church’s sacraments, policies, catechesis, and formation processes.
- Must have a valid driver’s license for the State of Wisconsin in order to assist with local errands and to attend local meetings.
- Professional working attitude and collaborative approach displaying a positive attitude.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to plan, communicate, and execute all support needed for Youth Ministry programs.
- Exhibits promptness, flexibility, and dependability.
- Proven ability to prioritize, organize and execute work efficiently, follow-up on tasks that are not complete, and keep team informed through transparent, honest communication.
- Has high attention to detail.
- Ability to work with and without direct supervision.
- Treats co-workers and parish families with care, concern, and has a willingness to minister to families by making phone calls and checking on their needs or assisting with special circumstances.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
This an hourly, non-exempt role. Part-time hours will average 16 hours weekly, with a flexible schedule.