Administrative Assistant – Communications
Our parish is seeking a part-time (24 hours per week) Administrative Assistant for our parish office team. This individual will coordinate many levels of communication in the parish and be responsible for:
- Producing and editing the parish weekly bulletin
- Serving as the social media coordinator for the parish
- Writing and reviewing content for parish emails
- Coordinating parish website changes
- Acting as the parish office purchasing agent for business and maintenance supplies
- Serving as the liaison for the parish stewardship committee, including assistance with the parish annual stewardship campaign
- Assisting with liturgical preparations such as general intercessions and Mass announcements
- Supporting the rest of the parish administrative team by answering phone calls and assisting office visitors.
- Post-secondary education degree or course work in a related communications field preferred
- Excellent skill level in both written and verbal communications essential to success
- Must be goal oriented; striving for accuracy, solid production level, and accomplishing responsibilities with a minimal amount of supervision and support.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality standards of the parish
- Capable of contributing to and working with teams, both in the office and within the parish.
- Ability to work with the public on a daily basis, projecting a positive and cheerful attitude both in person and on the phone.
- Capable of prioritizing work and multi-tasking as needed in a busy office environment
- Proficient computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and social media such as Facebook. Ability to become proficient in ACS (the main database for parish business operations.) Strong keyboarding skills needed to maintain expected accuracy and efficiency standards.
- Successful completion of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee’s safe environment program, including a background check.
To apply, please go to the Employment Opportunities page on the parish website.