- Saturday | May 4, 2019
- 10:00 am
- Starts at Pere Marquette Park – 900 N. Plankinton Ave, Milwaukee
Join us Saturday, May 4, 2019 to commemorate and celebrate 175 years since the approximate day the first Bishop of Milwaukee, Bishop John Martin Henni, arrived in Milwaukee in 1844.
A full day of free activities await you and your family from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The celebration will start at Pere Marquette Park, then process to the cathedral for an 11:00 a.m. Mass. We will continue our celebration in Cathedral Square, as we join together in a fun-filled family day of music, food, games and a youth 3-on-3 basketball tournament.
Pere Marquette Park – 900 N. Plankinton Ave, Milwaukee
- 10:00 a.m. – Archbishop Listecki will arrive at Pere Marquette Park by boat (weather permitting)
- 10:00 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. – Archbishop Listecki and Dr. Michael R. Lovell Presentation
- 10:20 a.m. – Begin procession to Cathedral
Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist – 812 N. Jackson St., Milwaukee
11:00 a.m. – Mass
Cathedral Square – Jackson St., between Kilbourn St. and Wells St.
- 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. – food trucks and Sprecher Brewing truck on Jackson St.
- 11:45 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. – Live music including the Squeezettes in Cathedral Square, yard games, historical information
- 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. – Cathedral tours
- 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. – 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament on Jackson St.
- For the full itinerary, see the Archdiocese of Milwaukee’s 175 Alive page.
- We are exploring chartering a bus to go downtown for the May 4 festivities.
– We would leave in time to be at Pere Marquette Park for the parade (probably 8:30 a.m. departure) and would leave downtown around 1-1:30 p.m. for the return to Cedarburg.
-If you are interested in learning more as information becomes available, please contact the parish office and leave your name, the number in your party and contact information.