- Wednesday | February 17, 2021
- All Day
- Masses are at the North Church
Feb. 17 is Ash Wednesday. All Masses will be at the North Church:
- 7 a.m. (spoken, no singing)
- 4:30 p.m.**
- 7 p.m.
Because of the pandemic, distribution of ashes will be done using new protocols worldwide, with sprinkling of ashes on the head, rather than ashes being placed on the forehead. Click here for more information.
**Note: The 4:30 p.m. Mass will be streamed. See the Streamed Masses page for the link.
Fasting and Abstinence
Ash Wednesday is a day of fast and abstinence.
- Abstinence means no meat. This applies to all persons 14 years of age and older.
- Fasting means one regular meal and two smaller meals. Together the two smaller meals should be less than the regular meal in size. This applies to persons ages 18 – 59.
For more information on Fast and Abstinence, see the following:
- Illustrated Guide to Lenten Fasting & Abstinence
- Archdiocese of Milwaukee website Fast and Abstinence page.