- Thursday | June 4, 2020
- 1:00 pm
- St. Francis Borgia - North Church - 1375 Covered Bridge Road, Cedarburg
Due to COVID-19, blood supplies are low. In this urgent situation, we ask you to consider supporting the June 4 American Red Cross blood drive. This collaborative effort of St. Joseph and St. Francis Borgia parishes is coming up on Thursday, June 4. The drive will run from 1-6:30 p.m. and will take place in the St. Francis Borgia church hall.
By reserving your time now, you’ll have a better chance of finding a spot that’s most convenient for your schedule. To make an appointment, visit RedCrossBlood.org and type in “53012” in the ZIP Code box. Not a computer person? Please call the Red Cross at 1-800-RED CROSS (or 1-800-733-2767) for assistance with an appointment.
Please rest assured that the Red Cross always takes precautions to prevent any infection, and is taking additional precautions in light of COVID-19, such as:
- Checking temperatures of staff and donors before entering a drive to make sure they are healthy.
- Providing hand sanitizer for use before the drive, as well as throughout the donation process.
- Following social distancing between donors including entry, donation and refreshment areas.
- Routinely disinfecting surfaces, equipment and donor-touched areas.
- Wearing gloves, and changing gloves often.
- Using sterile collection sets and an aseptic scrub for every donation.
- Staff, volunteers, and donors are provided face masks.
Thank you so much for supporting the Red Cross and the patients and families they serve. It’s during times like these that we need to look out for each other in any way we can!