- January 19, 2021
- All Day
- St. Francis Borgia church hall (lower level)
1375 Covered Bridge Road, Cedarburg
ALL SLOTS HAVE BEEN FILLED FOR THE JAN. 19 BLOOD DRIVE. If you are interested in helping with registration or hospitality, please contact the parish office.
The blood drive is a collaborative activity of St. Joseph/St. Francis Borgia parishes. It will be held in the church hall (lower level) at St. Francis Borgia, 1375 Covered Bridge Rd. in Cedarburg. Scheduled appointments are from 1 to 6:30 p.m.
As the pandemic wears on, blood drives and blood donations remain essential to the health of our communities. At each blood drive, the highest standards of safety and infection control are followed, including but not limited to:
- Spacing appointments to minimize contact between blood drive participants
- Pre-screening drive attendees to assess health markers prior to blood drive entry
- Requiring face masks for all drive attendees
- Wearing and changing gloves frequently
- Spacing donors 6 feet apart throughout the drive
- Enhanced cleaning practices throughout the blood drive
All blood donations collected will be tested for COVID-19 antibodies. If a blood donation tests positive for COVID-19 antibodies, plasma from that donation may now help corona-virus patients in need of convalescent plasma transfusions.
Very few people actually get to take an active role in helping to save a life. By taking an hour out of your day, you can make a real difference – and save up to three lives! Every two seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood – from trauma victims to cancer patients, mothers giving birth to premature babies and many more. Your generous support provides assistance for those facing medical emergencies. Thank you!