- Sunday | June 14, 2020
- All Day
On June 13-14 we celebrate the Body and Blood of Christ (Corpus Christi), and our church will be open for Mass.
Archbishop Listecki has given dispensation from attending public Mass through July 5 so no one is obliged to attend Mass until that time. Please base your decision about coming back to Mass on what is best for you and your family. Reasons to stay home:
- If you have a fever, cough or other indications of illness, please stay home.
- If you have been sick in the past week, please stay home.
- If you are health compromised, please stay home.
- If you’re not comfortable being in larger groups of people just yet, please continue to stay home.
For those not attending Mass at church, please participate in Sunday worship through streamed or other broadcast Masses. Click here for the link.
Fr. Patrick looks forward to praying with you and sharing in the gift of Holy Communion. Low-gluten hosts will be available for those needing them. Please alert an usher and he/she will make sure one is consecrated for you.
With COVID-19 restrictions, we are can utilize up to 25% of our building capacity. For social distancing, we use every other pew, with at least 6 feet between people from different households. We sanitize the church after each Mass. Masses are at the North Church, and weekend Masses follow the same schedule as before the pandemic. Special considerations for particular Masses are shown here:
- Saturday – 4:30 p.m. (reduced singing at the July 13 Mass, due to concerns about spreading the virus)
- Sunday – 8 a.m.
- Sunday – 10 a.m. (back to our normal schedule) There will be a Eucharistic procession after this Mass June 14. (See Event description.)
- Sunday – 6 p.m. (At this Mass on June 14, masks will be required and there will be reduced singing.)
So that everyone who wants to attend Mass at the parish can do so:
- We will use the church space, as well as the hall. (An elevator is available.)
- We will live stream the 8 a.m. Mass and broadcast the audio for all other Masses, so that anyone who does not fit in the space (due to social distancing) can listen from their cars and then come forward for Holy Communion. We are not allowed to distribute Communion except at Mass, so this would be the only opportunity for people to receive.
For those in their cars in the parking lot for the 4:30 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. Sunday Masses, you will be able to access the audio feed from the Mass. We ask that you use only one phone per vehicle, please. The Zoom Call Number for both the 4:30 and 11 a.m. Mass audio is 1-301-715-8592
- For 4:30 audio: you will enter Meeting ID: 896 9410 1295 #
- For 11:00 audio: you will enter Meeting ID: 824 5055 4479 #
The 8 a.m. Mass will be live streamed. See the Streamed and Other Broadcast Liturgies page for the link – normally available on Saturday.
Request for help: ushers and cleaners
We could use YOUR HELP. In order to safe distance, we need extra ushers as well as people help sanitize surfaces. Please use this SignUpGenius link to sign up to assist our parish ushers with these tasks.
The sacrament of reconciliation (confession) is offered from 9:15-9:45 a.m. at the North Church each Sunday. See the Reconciliation (Confessions) page for more information about this sacrament, including the schedule and safety precautions.
The parish bulletin is published in advance on the Parish Bulletin page. Paper bulletins will be available after each Mass. Bulletins will also be placed in the racks by Doors 2 and 3 (on the North Church plaza) on Monday morning.