- Sunday | June 7, 2020
- All Day
On June 6-7 we celebrate Trinity Sunday, and our church will be open for Mass.
Archbishop Listecki has given dispensation from attending public Mass through July 5 so no one is obliged to attend Mass until that time. Please base your decision about coming back to Mass on what is best for you and your family. We understand and respect that. Reasons to stay home:
- If you have a fever, cough or other indications of illness, please stay home.
- If you have been sick in the past week, please stay home.
- If you are health compromised, please stay home.
- If you’re not comfortable being in larger groups of people just yet, please continue to stay home.
For those not attending Mass at church, please participate in Sunday worship through streamed or other broadcast Masses. Click here for the link.
Fr. Patrick looks forward to praying with you and sharing in the gift of Holy Communion. Low-gluten hosts will be available for those needing them. Please alert an usher and he/she will make sure one is consecrated for you.
With the return of Sunday Masses, we are only able to utilize up to 25% of our capacity in our building. In addition, we will be social distancing, including using every other pew and ensuring that there be at least 6 feet between people from different households. We will also be sanitizing all of the spaces after each Mass.
We are offering four Masses a weekend, all at the North Church. The temporary Mass schedule is:
- Saturday – 4:30 p.m. (reduced singing at this Mass, due to concerns about spreading the virus)
- Sunday – 8 a.m.
- Sunday – 11 a.m. Note that next weekend (June 14) we will be back to our normal schedule, with the second morning Mass one hour earlier.
- Sunday – 6 p.m. (reduced singing at this Mass)
The goal is to make it possible for everyone who wants to attend Mass at the parish to have the opportunity to do so. Because of this:
- We will be using the church space, as well as the hall.
- In addition, we will be live streaming the 8 a.m. Mass and broadcasting the audio for all other Masses, so that anyone who does not fit in the space (due to social distancing) will be able to listen from their cars and then come forward for Holy Communion. We are not allowed to distribute Communion outside of Mass, so this would be the only opportunity for people to receive. More details to come on this.
- If for some reason, the above is not sufficient for our numbers, we will find other ways to make it possible to accommodate everyone in as safe a manner as possible. We are here for you!
- Arriving at Mass – which doors will be open and when
- Seating – in the church and downstairs in the hall
- Overflow – in cars with live streaming or audio broadcast
- Receiving Communion
- Making a contribution (in the gathering space)
- Leaving church
For those in their cars in the parking lot for the 4:30 p.m. and 11 a.m. Masses this weekend (May 30-31), you will be able to access the audio feed from the Mass. We ask that you use only one phone per vehicle, please. The call-in number is the same for both Masses. The Zoom Call Number for 4:30 and 11 a.m. Mass audio: 1-301-715-8592
- For 4:30 audio: you will enter Meeting ID: 896 9410 1295 #
- For 11:00 audio: you will enter Meeting ID: 824 5055 4479 #
The 8 a.m. Mass will be live streamed. See the Streamed and Other Broadcast Liturgies page for the link – normally available on Saturday.
Request for help: ushers and cleaners
We could use YOUR HELP. In order to safe distance, we need extra ushers as well as people help sanitize surfaces. Please use this SignUpGenius link to sign up to assist our parish ushers with these tasks. More information is on the Volunteer Share page for Ushers and Volunteer cleaners.
The sacrament of reconciliation (confession) is offered from 9-10 a.m. at the North Church each Sunday. See the Reconciliation (Confessions) page for more information about this sacrament, including the schedule and safety precautions.
The Sunday bulletin is published in advance on the Parish Bulletin page. The distribution of paper bulletins is not allowed at the current time.