Attorneys from the Ozaukee County Bar Association will be available to meet individually with county residents to assist them in completing their Power of Attorney for Health Care. Documents and assistance will be provided free of charge.
Completing this Power of Attorney allows you to choose the individual you would like to make medical decisions in the event that you are unable to make them for yourself. In Wisconsin, spouses and children do not automatically have this authority. Completed Power of Attorney documents can help families avoid costly and time-consuming court proceedings.
Appointments are open to anyone age 55 and older, as well as to persons with a disability determination. Appointments are scheduled on the half-hour.
Contact Ozaukee County Human Services at 262-284-8200 for more information or to schedule an appointment at one of the upcoming opportunities:
- Thursday, Oct. 4 Mequon-Range Line School, 9 a.m. -12 noon
- Wednesday, Oct. 10 Port Washington Senior Center, 5:30 – 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 17 Belgium American Legion, 10 a.m. – 12 noon
- Tuesday, Oct. 23 Grafton Senior Center, 5:30 – 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 30 Cedarburg Senior Center, 9 a.m. – 12 noon
This event is jointly hosted by the Ozaukee County Bar Association and the Ozaukee County Elder/Adults at Risk Interdisciplinary Team.