Parish members are invited to join “On a Journey” St. Francis Borgia hikes, ranging from 6 to 14 miles in easy and intermediate terrains. These will be held monthly, from June through September.
Sunday June 2 at 12:30 p.m.: “The Matthias March” (Campbellsport)
Scenic hike on the Ice Age Trail beginning and finishing at the beautiful and historic St. Matthias chapel in Campbellsport. Approximately 8.5 miles (intermediate terrain). For details, see the June 2 event description.
Sunday July 14, at 11:30 a.m.: “The Cedar-Burger Walk”
From St. Francis Borgia North Church to the South Church for a time of prayer, then back up to a local classic establishment for burgers! 6 miles (easy terrain). For details, see the July 14 event description.
Sunday August 11, at 12 Noon: “The Holy Guacamole Hike” (Grafton/Port Washington)
From downtown Grafton to downtown Port Washington and back finishing with dinner at a Mexican restaurant in Grafton. Approximately 14 miles (easy terrain). For details, see the August 11 event description.
Saturday September 21, at 10 a.m.: “The Holy Hill Hike”
A scenic hike on the Ice Age Trail to Holy Hill, then a group mass at the historic St. Teresa of Calcutta North Lake church. Approximately 12.5 miles (intermediate terrain). For details, see the September 21 event description.
- There are no fees to the parish for any of the hikes.
- The hikes are open to the whole parish.
- All participants in the hikes must sign the indemnity agreement provided by the parish.
- Any participant under the age of 18 must be accompanied by their parent(s) or guardian(s).
- All participants should wear appropriate hiking attire and closed-toed shoes.
- Participants should be prepared to protect themselves from the sun and from insects.
- Participants should bring substantial water for the hikes and are responsible for the cost of any meals etc.
- Participants must arrange for their own transportation to the starting place of each hike.
Join the Journey! For more information, contact the parish office.