Attorneys from the Ozaukee County Bar Association will be available to meet individually with county residents to assist them in completing their Power of Attorney for Health Care. Documents and assistance will be provided free of charge. This event is jointly hosted by the Ozaukee County Bar Association and the Ozaukee County Elder/Adults at Risk Interdisciplinary Team.
Completing a Power of Attorney allows a person to choose the individual he/she would want to make medical decisions in the event that the person is unable to make them for him/herself.
In Wisconsin, spouses and children do not automatically have this authority. Completed Power of Attorney documents can help families avoid costly and time-consuming court proceedings.
Appointments are open to anyone age 55 and older, as well as to persons with a disability determination. Appointments are scheduled on the half-hour.
Contact Ozaukee County Human Services at 262-284-8200.
- Thursday, Oct. 4 Mequon-Range Line School 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 10 Port Washington Senior Ctr. 5:30 to 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 17 Belgium American Legion 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 23 Grafton Senior Center 5:30 to 8 p.m. Tuesday,
- Oct. 30 Cedarburg Senior Center 9 a.m. to 12p.m.