As the end of 2021 approaches, here are a few things you should be aware of regarding your St. Francis Borgia charitable donations. These guidelines correspond to IRS regulations which stipulate that there is no donor “election” as to which calendar year the donation applies.
- Any donations physically received at the parish office before noon on Friday, 12/31/21 will be credited to your 2021 contributions.
• All donations received by US Mail after December 31st, but postmarked December 31st or earlier, will be credited to the date on the check.
• Therefore, if the envelope is postmarked 2021 and the check is dated for 2022, the contribution will be credited to your account for 2022.
• However, if the contribution is postmarked and received in 2021, the check will be marked as 2021 even if the check date is 2022.
• In the case of stock transfers, the donation date is the date you (the donor) relinquish control of the stock, not the date that St. Francis Borgia (the organization) receives it.
If you are planning a donation that you wish to be credited for 2021, the sooner you can accomplish this, the easier it will be for you. Please note, the parish office will be closed Friday 12/24/21 and open only until noon on Friday 12/31/21.
Year-end contribution statements reflecting your 2021 donation will be sent no later than 1/31/22. Should you have any questions about your donations, please contact Jennifer at the parish office at 262-377-1070