Our young people are in need of men and women who would be interested in and willing to journey in their Catholic faith by becoming part of the parish religious education or youth group team. Our formation program offerings are expanding and we are in need of adults to moderate youth group activities and facilitate religious education discussions.
- A firm belief in the value and necessity of passing on our Catholic tradition to future generations. You do not need to be a professional teacher! Resources are provided that are complete and easy to use. Some preparation, such as lesson planning and reading, will be necessary though.
- An openness to learning. You will have opportunities to participate in adult education in theology, scripture or methods. There is also much to be learned from the students.
- Must enjoy young people. You do not need to have children in the program. We are looking for adults of any age who feel inclined to share faith and fellowship via large group activities, small group discussions and prayer.
- Must comply with the Archdiocesan safe environment requirements for Safeguarding All of God’s Family.
- A commitment of service from September through April. Most sessions are held on Wednesday evenings. Youth Group meeting and outing dates may vary. Additionally, some assistance may be needed for the Monday evening Family Program.
If your interest is piqued, but you aren’t sure about the level of time commitment needed, contact the Youth Ministry office. We adapt to all kinds of schedules! We’ll be happy to provide additional information.