New Organ Installed – May 2005
Our sanctuary and church are beautiful! Click on the photos below to see the Marianne Huiras Memorial Organ, donated by parishioner Ralph Huiras in memory of his wife. As part of the sanctuary renovation for the pipe organ installation, there is also a new altar, ambo (pulpit) and crucifix. The tabernacle has been moved to a 13-foot high pillared canopy shrine at the west front wall. All of this was completed just in time for the May 1 Confirmation Mass with Bishop Sklba.
The organ couldn’t be used at Mass until after the 1800 pipes of the organ were voiced (tuned). Our patient waiting was rewarded as the beautiful sounds of the new organ accompanied our hymns of praise and thanksgiving to God at the Pentecost Vigil and on Pentecost Sunday, May 14-15.