We are in need of more volunteers to serve as ushers for all weekend Masses.
Ushers are needed at every Mass to help with:
- counting the mass attendance
- taking the collection
- guiding the lines for Holy Communion
- handing out bulletins after Mass
Training will be provided. If interested, please contact the parish office.
Help others by donating eyeglasses (prescription, sunglasses and readers) that you no longer want or need. The Lions Club cleans and repairs the used eyewear, which is then distributed to people who can’t afford to buy their own.
Place your eyeglasses donations in the designated bucket in the Inner City Ministry shed located on the North Church campus — on the east end of the parking lot (Covered Bridge Road side). The shed is open 24/7 for your convenience.
Note that the Inner City Ministry shed is also the drop-off site for clothing and toiletries donations.
St. Francis Borgia has ongoing collections for clothing and toiletry items as described below. Volunteers from our parish Inner City Ministry regularly deliver your donations to Milwaukee for those in need.
The Inner City Ministry shed is located in North Church parking lot, on the Covered Bridge Road (east) side. Donations of clothing and toiletries can be placed here 24/7 for your convenience. Please don’t bring or place items in the Church.
Gently-used clothing is acceptable to donate, please pack your donated clothing in bags labeled for men, women or children, and drop them off at the Inner City Ministry Shed. They will be delivered to Repairers of the Breach, House of Peace, and McCannon Brown Homeless Sanctuary in Milwaukee – wherever there is need.
McCanon Brown Homeless Sanctuary (MBHS) Donations
If you are able to donate anything to MBHS, items that are needed are listed below and can be placed in the shed located in the North Church parking lot. Please label your items MBHS. Please call the parish office with any questions, thank you for your donation and consideration.
- Deodorant, toothpaste, shampoo and conditioner, lotion, razors, lip balm, sunscreen, nail clippers, Vaseline, body wash, Kleenex, toilet tissue, diapers (size 4-7) with baby wipes
- Household cleaners such as dish soap, laundry detergent, disinfectant wipes, etc.
- Ongoing needs of Queen and king sheet sets, large blankets, sleeping bags , towels, washcloths, rain ponchos
- Men’s size L and 4XL boxers and socks, men’s 32 and 36 (waist) jeans, L and XL hoodies, Men’s athletic shoes sizes 12-15, women’s underwear size 7- 9
- Crockpots, toaster ovens, microwaves, electric skillets, small grills (for those without working stoves, blenders (for those who have trouble chewing)
- Suitcases with wheels, small shopping carts,wagons and strollers to help people transport items
- Fans, air conditioning units and/or air conditioners (for those who have medical conditions)
Periodically, the parish publicizes more specific Inner City Ministry needs, focusing on the most urgent needs for a particular time. These focused solicitations will be listed separately on the Volunteer page.
Nearly every aspect of the parish, from prayer and worship through outreach, has a volunteer aspect. Consider helping, whether for a one-time event or an ongoing need. Check the list on this page and the weekly bulletin for near-term opportunities where you can help lend time or talent. You can also visit our Outreach, Liturgical Ministries, or Family Life & Hospitality pages to learn about how you can get involved in the parish.