Cedar Springs/Cedar Gardens Communion and Rosary Volunteers
Volunteers are needed to lead a Communion service and/or rosary for the residents. Preparation time is 15 minutes with actual Communion service/rosary time 9:30-10:30 a.m. on the second through the fifth Fridays of the month. Training and mentoring is provided. All are welcome including high school youth and families.
Divine Mercy Prayer Group (South Church)
The Divine Mercy Prayer Group meets every Monday from 8:45-9:15 a.m. after the morning rosary during Eucharistic Adoration. The Divine Mercy Chaplet is prayed on rosary beads, based on revelations to Sr. Faustina, who has since been canonized as a saint. Please come and pray for your intentions, and the needs of our parish and world. All are welcome.
Also see “How to Recite the Chaplet”.
Morning Prayer (North Church)
Morning prayer is held at 7:15 a.m. each weekday (Monday through Friday) at the North Church. Liturgy of the Hours books are provided and include psalms, short Scripture readings, and petitions for each day of the week. Communion is offered at 7:30 a.m. for those who are not able to attend morning Mass. Morning prayer is generally not held on holidays. Check the calendar to verify whether morning prayer is scheduled for any particular day.
Whenever prayers are needed, anyone can call to have their intention prayed for by members of a prayer chain. The person needing prayers does not have to be a parish member. You may contact the parish office and we will forward your intention.
Members of the prayer chain receive a request, then pass it on to the next person on the Prayer Chain list until contact is made, so the chain is not broken. Members of the prayer chain may pray as the Spirit leads them, formally or informally.
Prayer List in Bulletin
The bulletin (printed and online) regularly publishes names of parishioners in need of prayers, and all readers are encouraged to pray for them. Due to privacy laws, names are included in the bulletin prayer list only at the request of the parishioner or by a member of the immediate family.
Names are published in a total of 12 bulletins (about three months). If at the end of that time, the person wishes to remain on the list, he or she will need to call the parish office and share that request.
For more information, or to be added to the list, contact the parish office.
The rosary has been a treasured Catholic devotion for many centuries. We often recite the rosary to pray for peace and reconciliation, to express penitence, or to pray for an end to the suffering of those who battle poverty and hunger every day. The rosary can be prayed individually or as a group. At St. Francis Borgia, we pray the rosary regularly as follows:
- Weekday mornings – When daily Mass is at 8 a.m., the rosary is prayed after Mass (South Church). On Fridays during the school year, Mass is at 9 a.m. (North Church), and the rosary is prayed before Mass, starting at 8:15 a.m.
- Monday evening Rosary Devotions (South Church) – This group prays 15 decades of the rosary every Monday beginning at 6:00 p.m., near the end of Eucharistic Adoration. At 6:30 p.m., the Blessed Sacrament is reposed into the tabernacle to conclude the evening. All are welcome to say the rosary with us, or to spend some time in prayer before the Blessed Sacrament.
- Tuesday morning Lasata Rosary Volunteers – Volunteers meet at Lasata Nursing Home the first and third Tuesday of every month. At 10:30 a.m. assistance is needed with taking residents to the chapel to recite the rosary. After the rosary, the residents are returned to their rooms by about 11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday evening Rosary Prayer Group (North Church) – This group prays the rosary every Tuesday at 6:15 p.m. at the North Church.
- First Sundays – Rosary with Knights of Columbus (North Church) – On the first Sunday of each month, the Knights of Columbus invite everyone to join them in praying the rosary. To participate, meet in the back of the North Church after the 8 a.m. Mass.
Also see “How to pray the rosary.”
For more information on any of these prayer opportunities, contact the Stewardship Office at 262-377-1070, ext. 327 or send an e-mail.