Director of Youth Formation
St. Francis Borgia Parish is seeking a full-time Director of Youth Formation for our Christian Formation Team. We offer a unique opportunity to continue developing a vibrant youth ministry in our growing community. Our mission is to have teens encounter Jesus and become disciples. We are looking for the right person to effectively achieve amazing Christian Formation for Middle School, High School, and Confirmation.
The primary responsibility of this position is Catholic Formation for youth grades 6-12, including the Confirmation process and retreat offerings. We would love to work with the right candidate who will be adept at presenting the faith to teens in a large group setting, enjoys small group discipleship, and understands the necessity for evangelization with young people. The Director of Youth Formation will also help recruit, support, and train Core Members to accomplish the task of Catechesis.
Qualified candidates will have a good working understanding of the Confirmation process, as well as Life Teen and EDGE apostolate for youth ministry. The ideal candidate also will have great communication and relational skills.
This position is a Co-Director position, working closely with the Director for Youth Outreach, who currently oversees Youth Ministry mission trips, service offerings, social opportunities, NCYC, and more. The Director of Youth Formation will receive support, training if needed, and report directly to the Director of Apostolates, who is the team lead for Christian Formation.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Catholic Theology/Catechetics or related field (such as Education)
- Preferred candidates will have two years’ experience in parish or related ministry experience, especially in the areas of the Confirmation process, organizing and running Life Teen, EDGE, and retreats
- Knowledge of the Church’s teaching and renewed effort in the new evangelization, particularly for answering the current culture of teens and young adults
- Personable and team oriented with strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including social media communication and practices.
- Comfortable and able to catechize teens and organize and run both teen events and parent meetings
- Administrative skills and proficiency with current modes of communication and software applications. Capable of learning a Church database system.
- Practicing Catholic who is able to partake in the full sacramental life of the Church and is able to model his/her pursuit in holiness
- Prayerful person with proven success in discipleship and mentoring
- Employee will be required to sit, stand, walk, use stairs, see, talk and hear with close vision for office work, as well as lift up to 20lbs repeatedly.
Please provide a cover letter, résumé and references to Kristin Jacoby, HR Coordinator.
Apply online here.