Director of Discipleship and Apostolate
The Director of Discipleship and Apostolate is charged with forming St. Francis Borgia parishioners to seek holiness in their lives and to engage in the lay apostolate. This will be carried out primarily through relational ministry and working with the pastor to implement institutional structures around the themes of discipleship and personal apostolate. This is a full-time position.
- Formation Small Groups: groups consisting of parishioners committed to entering a period of formation through spirit-filled discussion, prayer, and group study. The end result of the group is each member forming a commitment to lead a small group or to take on a personal apostolate. The Director of Discipleship and Apostolate is responsible for recruitment, training, and on-going support of these leaders.
- Parish Small Groups: the Director of Discipleship and Apostolate will serve as a resource for small group leaders and a connecting point between small group leaders and the parish at large.
- Large Group Formation: intellectual, spiritual, and communal opportunities geared specifically to assist lay people in living out their vocations in the world. The Director of Discipleship and Apostolate assists the pastor or volunteers in coordinating and planning large group formation.
- Whole Parish Formation: forming, disseminating, and revising methods of assisting the whole parish in committing to live out the lay vocation. The Director of Discipleship and Apostolate works with the pastor and key volunteers to carry out this task.
- Evangelization: motivating and training parishioners to engage in evangelizing the community at large. This could include implementation of evangelization events for or in the community.
- RCIA and Adult Confirmation: oversees the RCIA/Adult Confirmation Team and works on continual improvement of the program and outreach for new candidates.
- Other Duties As Assigned
Education: Bachelor of Arts degree in Religious Studies, Theology, Religious Education, or other similar degree preferred
- 3-5 years in Catholic parish ministry, or other Catholic ministry setting
- Work in discipleship programming development
- Successful implementation of evangelization initiatives in a parish or ministry setting
- Possesses a healthy spiritual maturity and commitment to spiritual growth.
- Actively participates in the work of the Catholic Church and is able to partake in the full sacramental life of the Church.
- Possesses the capacity to work effectively with a wide variety of people, exhibiting maturity, tact and understanding; relating well to the pastor, parish staff, volunteers, parishioners, and the general public.
- Demonstrates or possesses the ability to assess needs, plan, organize, implement, direct and evaluate programs.
- Demonstrates the ability to articulate the parish vision and motivate people to respond to it.
Please provide a cover letter, résumé and references. Apply online here or send through postal mail to:
St. Francis Borgia Catholic Church
Attn: Frank Dowd, Director of Administrative Services
1375 Covered Bridge Road
Cedarburg, WI 53012