Person-to-person service to the needy and suffering
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul is a network of friends, inspired by the gospel values, growing in holiness and building a more just world through personal relationships with and service to people in need. An international Catholic lay organization inspired by St. Vincent de Paul and founded by Blessed Frederic Ozanam, its members are united by their spirit of poverty, humility and sharing, which is nourished by prayer and reflection, mutually supporting gatherings, and adherence to a basic Rule. Vincentians come from every walk of life, striving to follow Christ in an effort to bring hope to our friends suffering in a hurting world.
Join us in changing lives – including your own
When you join the Cedarburg St. Francis Borgia conference, you can put your faith into action by preventing homelessness, fighting hunger and changing lives across Ozaukee County.
In a typical year, we:
- Provide hundreds of hours of volunteer person-to-person services
- Assist more than 100 people
- Provide more than $30,000 in direct aid to those in need in the area including assistance in rent, mortgage and utility payments; food, clothes and household goods; and referrals to other services, agencies, or professional services
“Charity is the cement which binds communities to God and persons to one another.” – St. Vincent de Paul
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul exists to help our neighbors in need.
Our St. Francis Borgia conference helps our neighbors in need of assistance with food, rent, utilities, medications, budgeting and/or transportation.
We partner with multiple local agencies in Ozaukee County to help fulfill our neighbors’ needs. Along with our four other St. Vincent de Paul conferences in Ozaukee County through our Council, we operate a thrift store in Port Washington. The Society Thrift Store plays a vital role in providing assistance, both in funds to the conferences for helping our neighbors in need as well as goods to those we serve.
Through a staff of paid employees and volunteers we work to collect, evaluate, and merchandise a variety of donated goods. This merchandise provides a low-cost shopping alternative of quality goods to individuals and families. Those who cannot afford the clothing, furniture and other household items are provided with assistance through a Vincentian-initiated referral system to the Society Thrift Store where we work with our neighbor to fulfill their needs.
Additional Society members are needed in all levels of membership, especially at our thrift store:
1) Active Members: Monthly meetings held on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 7 PM in the Parish Center. Monthly Prayer and Communion Service held at the Lasata Senior Living Campus on the 1st Friday of the month at 10 AM. Meeting with our neighbors in need to offer spiritual, emotional, and material support as needed. Active Members will often volunteer at the SVDP Thrift Store as their schedule permits.
2) Associate members: Help with special events, the Lasata Prayer and Communion Service and volunteer at the SVDP Thrift Store as their schedule permits.
3) Contributing members: Donate funds on a regular basis to St. Vincent de Paul to further our mission of helping our neighbors in need.
Meetings are held the 2nd Tuesday of the month from 7 PM – 9 PM. To join or to learn more about our conference, please contact the parish office at 262-377-1070 or email the parish office
For more general information about the St. Vincent de Paul Society, visit the SVDP National website.
Visit the St Vincent de Paul of Ozaukee County: Thrift Store website for more information on the Ozaukee County St. Vincent de Paul Conferences and the Society Thrift Store to donate or to receive assistance.