Participating in Mass from home
For information about the obligation to attend Mass and exemptions for those with extenuating circumstances, see this News posting. For those unable to fulfill the obligation to attend Mass, there are ways to stay connected with Mass from home:
- Live streamed Masses and liturgies from our parish
- Other at-home Mass options – television, radio and online.
Live streamed Masses from St. Francis Borgia
- Fr. Patrick will live stream weekly 8 a.m. Sunday Masses, and occasionally other special Masses and liturgies, from our church.
- The links will be provided below. The Masses can be watched at the Mass time indicated – and can also be viewed later – using the same link.
- For those on the parish email list, the link will be sent in advance, usually on Saturdays. To be added to the parish email list, sign up on the e-Communications page.
|2021 Date||What we celebrate||Live streamed Mass
(Not live until the start of Mass)
|April 11||Divine Mercy Sunday||Link to the live streamed Mass (8 a.m.)|
Other at-home Sunday Mass options
Television on Sunday
- Watch at 5:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. on WITI Fox 6
- Watch at 7 a.m. and 9 a.m. on WVTV My24
Radio on Sunday
- Listen at 9 a.m. on 920 AM WOLF
Online viewing of Sunday Mass anytime
Weekday Mass at home options
- Listen at 9 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. on Relevant Radio: 100.1FM or 1640AM WSJP.
- View online at Daily TV Mass or Relevant Radio website
Making a spiritual Communion
Although we cannot receive the Eucharist in physical form if we are unable to attend Mass, we are able to receive Jesus spiritually through this prayer:
My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment receive You, come at least spiritually into my heart.
I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You.
Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen.
Fr. Patrick has recorded a reflection on another way to experience Spiritual Communion. View it here.