As the end of 2016 approaches, here are a few things you should be aware of regarding your St. Francis Borgia charitable donations. These guidelines correspond to IRS regulations which stipulate that there is no donor “election” as to which calendar year the donation applies.
- Any donations physically received at the parish office before 4:30 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 30 will be credited to your 2016 contributions.
- All donations received by US Mail after Friday, Dec. 30, but postmarked Dec. 31 or earlier, will also be credited to your 2016 contributions. The only exception to this would be if the check is dated for 2017.
- In the case of a stock transfer, the donation date is the date you (the donor) relinquish control of the stock, not the date that SFB (the organization) receives it.
- Donations received in the collection at the 4:30 Mass on Dec. 31 will be recorded as 2016 donations.
- Donations received in the collections at Masses on Jan. 1 will be recorded as 2017 donations.
If you are planning a donation that you wish to be credited for 2016, the sooner you can accomplish this, the less stress you’ll have in those last few days of the year! Please note, the parish office will be closed Mondays, Dec. 26 and Jan. 2.
Year-end financial statements reflecting your 2016 donations will be sent no later than Jan. 31, 2017.
Should you have any questions about your SFB donations, please contact Sue Blizzard, parish accountant, at 262-377- 1070, ext. 237 or by email.