St. Francis Borgia is planning to publish a new pictorial directory, which will help all of us to put names with faces in our community of faith. Parishioners had asked for an update to our old directory, which is more than 10 years out-of-date. Many parishioners have come and gone since then.
Fr. Patrick is enthused about this project and says:
“I would like to see all of your smiling faces in the new directory!”
Appointments at St. Francis Borgia are being scheduled
We need you to make the directory complete!
Please sign up for your picture appointment time by clicking on the sign-up button or the Lifetouch website. There will be a photographer in the church hall (downstairs in the North Church) on select dates and times starting in November, 2018. An elevator is available for your convenience in the gathering space.
Three extra (final) days of photo sessions have been added – Thursday, Feb. 21 through Saturday, Feb. 23.
Appointments at alternative locations also possible
With a parish of our size, finding a convenient time for yourself and/or your family can be difficult. We truly understand that. To make it easier, you are able to have your photo taken at a nearby parish if those days/times work better. You will still get a free 8 x 10” photo and a parish directory if your appointment date is Feb. 28 or earlier. Please call Lifetouch at 1-866-756-0281 to see what options are available. If you are still unable to get something in time, please contact the parish office.
Benefits to you
- Each family or household will receive a complimentary 8 X 10” photograph ($30 value) and a free directory just for coming in for a sitting.
- Picture packages (including Christmas cards!) will be available for purchase, if you’re interested.
- Active and retired military, first responders and seniors (60+) qualify for a 20% discount! (Proper ID is required.)
- If you are having your photo taken at St. Francis Borgia, you will receive $5 off any pictures you may choose to purchase if you donate an item for the House of Peace. Requested items are men’s underwear, along with socks, gloves and hats of any size/gender. Bring the item(s) with you on the day you have your pictures taken.
Tell your story
Be yourself. Classic, casual, musical, sporty or fun – it’s up to you.
You can use your directory photography session to create a timeless keepsake of you and your loved ones with items that have meaning to you:
- Musical instruments
- Family Bible
- Hobby items
- Sports equipment
- Family heirloom
- Special toys, books or jewelry
For some photo examples, see the following:
Who can join you
- It’s fine to invite grandparents and other family members/loved ones to join your photography session, even if they are not parish members.
- Pets are welcome too. They are part of your family. See the Lifetouch flyer (from the 10/28/18 bulletin) for photography day tips if you are bringing a pet.
About your session
- After a quick check-in, your session will start.
- Time to shine – from traditional to modern, the Lifetouch photographer will help you look your best.
- View your portraits and select your image for the parish directory.
- View all images from your session, and if you’d like, purchase additional photographs, greeting cards, and frames.
From start to finish, plan for about an hour.
For more information, or help in setting up an appointment, contact the parish office.
For those who choose not to have a photo included in the directory, watch for a mailing from the parish offering the opportunity to share information you’d like printed in the directory. This will be an “opt in” situation – if you don’t share anything, nothing will be included. You will also have the option of purchasing a copy of the directory, should you want one.